Are you or someone you know looking for an internship?
Internship Opportunities: Summer and Fall 2018
JOSHUA seeks interns for course credit for Summer and Fall of 2018
About JOSHUA (Justice Organization Sharing Hope United for Action):
JOSHUA is an interfaith social-justice systemic change organization. We are grassroots and non-profit (501c3), focusing our work in the Brown County and surrounding areas of Wisconsin. JOSHUA is a coalition of faith communities in Brown County dedicated to building and deepening relationships within and among faith communities. It empowers and equips people to work together on issues of justice and community building. JOSHUA builds relationships in the public and private sector in order to advance issues, which represent our common faith values. We seek to identify and take action on root causes of poverty, oppression and injustice. For more information about JOSHUA go to: www.joshua4justice.org
Interns will learn more about the operations of nonprofit organizations and will work closely with experienced professional staff. Intern(s) will gain skills in organizing, fundraising, public policy, and advocacy.
Reporting to the Community Organizer, the Program Intern(s) will work to pass and defend top issues by: 1) engaging citizens on mental health, prison reform, and environmental justice issue campaigns, 2) generating and tracking media coverage; 3) recruiting a new generation of members to our social networking sites; 4) encouraging on-line supporters to take action and volunteer 5) updating media contacts; and 6) assisting with issue research.
- Organized with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research on-line or through traditional media.
- Database management experience and event planning skills a plus.
- Independently motivated and enjoy working with people. Details
- Interns will work from the Green Bay office of JOSHUA, located at 130 St Matthew Street, Green Bay WI 54301. Interns can arrange to work remotely.
- Interns may earn 2-4 course credits (typically, students earn 1 credit for every 3-4 hours worked per week). The position is unpaid. Internships not for class credit also available upon request.
- Interns are responsible for finding a faculty sponsor and meeting all internship requirements of the college or university. To Apply Please send a letter of interest and resume to Rachel Westenberg at email@example.com Call 920-360-3538 with any questions. Deadline Positions are Limited. Early Applications will be given preference.
JOSHUA is looking for summer and fall interns for 2018! Check it out here: Internship Opportunities Summer and Fall 2018